About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 01, 2010

Mr Vaarwerk Did His Homework


Oh I wish I could have made it Mark Vaarwerk's Homework show at the new Gaffa gallery. It would have been great to see Mark's collection and give him some support by attending. It would have also been a treat to check out the new gallery. I will get myself to Gaffa later this year for sure. In the mean time I can always see some more of Mark's pieces when I visit him at home, because we are good friends after all.

Sometimes I think it is funny that we are such good friends. Others have also said this to me. Maybe that's because we both make jewellery largely from discarded plastics. There certainly is some similarity in our work and some crossover at times. But for the most part I think we use different materials, our aims can be quite different and so are our processes. Still, do we ever get jealous of eachother? My mind seems to have wondered to this topic for some reason. I started to answer it here but I've decided it is a bigger topic best left for the next blog post.

Having sidetracked from telling you more about Mark's Homework exhibition, I'll leave it now to Mark
himself and curator Zoe Brand to tell you the rest.

No comments: