About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Self-Portrait Wednesday





I had to photograph myself today. It is not the first time I have done this, but this time it was a little different because the image was going to be published (magazine). Anyway, it ended up being a bit trickier than I had anticipated (perhaps because I'm not twenty anymore and looking decent now requires some effort). Frankly it was driving me a bit mad too. So I decided to give it a rest and have some fun instead! The results of my 'fun' are posted above and below. Now I must get back to some serious work...





3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh yes, I know what you mean about it being harder to get a 'good picture' (one that doesn't scare ourselves, even if we look great to everyone else!).

I think you look great in all of them, but I especially LOVE the one second from the end, where you're messing up your hair! Third from the top is excellent too :)

Bec said...

There's some great photos there! Actually, in that one second from the bottom you remind me of Alannah Hill. Very cute!

Liana Kabel said...

Thanks guys! xx